A hair-raising time

By Connie Orcutt • Published: October 1st, 2013
Category: Animal Airwaves

Pets thrive on routine, so Halloween can be a hair-raising time. We can imagine one critter’s account of the evening:

“The doorbell keeps ringing and loud strangers show up with scary clothing and scarier faces. I jump up and knock over a candle that singes my fur and burns the tablecloth. Then my human mom puts me in a costume that pinches my neck and gets caught on my leg, but she can’t tell. Maybe I’ll feel better if I eat some of that chocolate or gobble down a lollipop stick … ”

Halloween is a perilous time for pets. Candy treats can be poisonous or cause digestive obstruction, and those cute pet costumes aren’t much fun from a pet’s point of view.

So do your four-legged friend a favor this year. Set your buddy up in a calm area away from the front door and treat him to some petting … and some pet treats.